Sunday, August 17, 2008

For every tear drop there will be a joy

Dr. Cox, my pastor, told us (well he told me directly in the service) that for each tear I shed there will be a joy. He shared how after he lost his first wife Debbie on July 4th, his daughter was born on June 30th and his son was due on Debbie's birthday. Just small joys on days of tears. God gave this to us today. Brent and I went to church this morning. I had been fine on the way to the service, but as soon as I found a seat I lost it. I cried a majority of the service, but especially during the music. We are having a one day revival and the service was really great. The evangelist, Sam Cathy, was excellent. Although my guilt set in when he spoke of our sins that hinder our blessings! Brent was so sweet and helped me remember that God did not do this to us, but was not surprised by this either. We live in a broken world and while we cannot explain everything - we can trust Him. Back to my joy. So... after leaving church, we skipped Sunday School {not ready yet} and went to see Carter. Each time we go, it gets harder. I know it will get easier, but right now, it's so hard to think of him and know a week ago I held him in my arms. Now I have to look at a flower arrangement and a bunch of dirt! Tons more crying. We finally left Carter, because my head hurt so bad and decided we would use a "buy one get one free" coupon for lunch. I never wanted Mexican food while I was pregnant with Carter, but today I finally did and Brent jumped for joy (he loves Mexican) I found my coupon and we went up to the restaurant. The place we went we had never been before. It was a good 20 minutes away. Nothing special, except that we could eat there for the price of McDonald's after my coupon. We walk into and there is a family that is getting up to leave and walking out the door. It was the nurse that delivered Carter!!! Trisha. She was an amazing women of God that night. She recognized us right away as we recognized her immediately. She came and hug us both and loved on us and asked how we were doing. Brent was overwhelmed, because when she left to go home last week, he never got to say goodbye. Seeing her today did not take away any pain in losing Carter, but the joy I felt in my heart by seeing her and knowing how special she is to Brent and I, was overwhelming. Thank you Lord for the Joy in my tears today.

3 comments:

The Partin's said...

God is Good and places people there just when we need them:)

Katie B said...

I have nothing to say...but that I love you with all of the love of Christ in me. Thanks for sharing your pain and your joys and giving me the privilege to pray for you and Brent.

Todd and Rebecca said...

Wow, that is a divine appointment! Sometimes it is so interesting how God "arranges" things so that we're reminded that He is near. I can't imagine what you are going through. I will continue to pray for you.