Thursday, August 14, 2008

Made it

It's a minute before midnight on Thursday, August 14, 2008, the day Brent and I buried our baby boy Carter. As a parent it is not supposed to happen this way. In fact we are supposed to be the one that is buried by own children. Oh how we wish that had been the experience for us. But today was beautiful. We had so many laughs, lots of love and a worshipful service to remind us of God's love. Our pastor reminded me that with each tear there will be a joy. I can't wait for joys. We actually had a joy today. Brent and I were able to hold Carter once more today. He didn't smell like the weak little baby when he was first born. He had a lot of make-up on and felt different than when we last held him on Sunday. But...he reminded me today so much of Brent. Even more today than on Saturday and Sunday. What a honor it is as a mother that my son looks just like my husband. As Brent peacefully sleeps right now, I can't help but to laugh as I lay on his chest and stare at his face remembering the peacefulness of my Carter. I will blog more about the day and all that it entailed. The funny things and the sadness and also the joy it all brought. I just had to say something tonight so I will always be reminded of how I felt at the end of this "dreadful day." I am falling asleep singing" Jesus, son of God in all the earth I praise you!"

3 comments:

Millers said...

You are one amazing woman! I have tears in my eyes reading knowing that inside there is more hurt than joy right now. I thought about you all day yesterday and did some extra praying. I will continue to do so and the prayer will be for healing and many joys in your near future. Keep in touch.

Bryce said...

You have been on my mind since you broke the news. I've been praying for you and your husband, as I just can't fathom what you're feeling right now. How wonderful to know that our Savior and King is so tender as to hold and comfort us in these times of extreme heartache. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you! - Bryce Martin

Jenibug7 said...

I am SO glad I was able to make to GA to be with yall. I was happy to relieve Lisa of her Nazi duties for one night.
You know that over the next days and weeks I am here to cry with, laugh with, yell at- whatever you need. I am just a phone call (or text message!!!) away!
We love yall!