Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family photo


I tried so hard to post the last post at 7:04p and it didn't work. (which is fine). *update: figured out how to manually change the time, so now it officially posted at 7:04p - yeah! I did want to share with many of you our family photo! I will treasure this picture and just how sweet my husband and Carter look in this picture. I thank each of you for the prayers you have prayed for us. The tears you have shed for us. The love and compassion you have given us. Today was the first day that everyone was gone and we woke up to an empty house. I am running from the silence and know my husband will go back to work one day and I will be home alone! I know I will be okay on the other side of this hurt and hope that soon we will be able to have more children. Being on this side of all of this, is so strange and yet I am learning so much already. I hope no one has to go through what we have been through. But if they do, I look forward to sharing how the Lord has comforted us during this time.

I will share Carter's story and everything that happened last Saturday as well as the good things God has done. Just can't bring myself to write that today, just a week after it happened. Just one neat thing that did happen today, Brent hates texting on cell phones! I love texting. He has won this battle up until now and said that we can't get texting on our phones. I was given texting as a "bereavement gift" (never heard of that before now, but love this gift for sure) so that I can text some of my best friends throughout the day witout having to use words and cry. I called to add the texting today. I didn't mention to the lady that I knew I had a ton of text messages this week at .20 per message. The Verizon lady came back on the phone and said that she noticed a lot of texts and backdated my service to cover all of those calls over the past week or so! Isn't God good even in the little things. This of course made my husband happy and me cry. Thank you Lord!

The Spears family

Jenna, Brent and Carter Spears

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Such a beautiful family! I can't wait to see if your other kids look as much like Brent as Carter does. More about bereavement gifts on my blog...

Richard and Nancy Schunke said...

What a blessing to have this cherished photo. Such a wonderful gift you each have, even if only for a short time now. Praying for you all...