Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Question


Okay all of you moms out there, I have this question! My mom very lovingly bought me a body pillow that I had been asking about forever (or since I got pregnant). I love the thing. The problem and where I need your help is how the heck do you sleep with this thing? I did what the instructions said. The lady makes it look like such an easy concept! It hurts to sleep on my stomach, but I end up there each morning. I never sleep on my back normally and can't even do that now. But I really want to accomplish the art of sleeping with the body pillow and not 1) knock out my husband each time I roll over, 2) learn the art of sleeping while not being taken over by the belly 3) not waking up with the pillow outside of the bed holding down my covers while I shiver to death!! I told Jen yesterday that before the baby, when I sleep alone while Brent is out of town, the bed looks as if no one has slept in it. Right now, it looks like two pit bulls had a fight all night long!


Suggestions anyone???? In the picture they make it look so comfortable! I do still use my own two pillows to sleep on and this "thing". Is there a way to make it all work?? HELP


4 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

I just used my regular 2 pillows for my head and then I used a king size pillow in front of me sort of under my belly and between my knees. Apparantly that is the exact OPPOSITE of what this picture shows you should do- LOL. I didn't know any better and it worked for me! I still sleep like that now. I have to roll the pillow with me every time I switch sides though. When Adaryll is out of town I put a king pillow behind me too and then I can just roll over to that one and leave the first one where it was. Ahhhhhhh.

Todd and Rebecca said...

Yes, I remember all the adjusting/moving/fidgeting-to-get-comfy throughout both my pregnancies. That pillow looks interesting. You may have to kick Brent out of the bed! Ha! I have no idea how it's supposed to work.

Mary Lindsey said...

hahahah!!! I am cracking up! OH THE SNOOGLE Pillow! I had major fights with the thing. I used the pillow for naps and not at night.. too much tossing and turning. By the end of the pregnancy our bed looked something like this... I will try to paint a visual image....

On my side.
Foundations : 1 egg crate mattress doubled over underneath me. (when I made the bed, it was quite funny as my side of the bed was about an inch higher than Chris')

Sheets : Had to be "cold" sheets. Could not even THINK about flannel - eck! too hot!

Blankets: one thin one - usually kicked it off! (On Chris' side he had to have the thin blanket AND comforter, because the A/C was set at -15 degrees.. even in February!)

Pillows: Pillow under head, King sized one under belly (slightly thinner), One between knees, One at my back

Now as you have that pictured... try to imagine Chris, clinging to the side of the bed, bundled up like an eskimo. This is how our nights went.

Oh, and incase you haven't read in my blog the part where I start snoring.... Yes, while I was preggo, I snored like a trucker!!! It would wake Chris up.... hahaha! but now, I sleep like a princess again... that is when, I do get to sleep.. j/k - it really isn't that bad. But atleast I get cold, want blankets, and can snuggle with my hubby again! THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY!!!!

Love ya!~

Katie B said...

I was never good at the pillow between the legs...I usuallly just slept on my side with my top leg all the way up...I am sure that doesn't make any sense. Anyway, I don't know that there is a way for a preg. woman to sleep with out hogging the bed or fighting with the covers. I also had good luck on the couch-not sure why....