Monday, June 23, 2008

Nice Monday

It's Monday morning, after a long weekend of laying around a lot! I had a tough weekend just not feeling great and needing lots of extra sleep. It was great having time to just sit with Brent and spend time with him doing nothing. This doing nothing is taking time for us to get used too, but has been refreshing as well. (I say doing nothing, but as I look back this was really the first weekend we had a free weekend. Even with that, we both had plans on Saturday that were cancelled.) Today Brent is working from home in the am and we came outside to eat breakfast and work on our computers! We love our backyard. It's small as you can see in the picture, but the trees and birds and the quiet is so peaceful. Our puppy is laying on her own towel in the grass sunbathing! It is so much fun to watch her just sniff the air and relax. It's a fun, summer, family day for sure.

This is our backyard in the fall! Still just as awesome all year long.


This week is another eventful week. I get to go to a ladies jewelery party tomorrow night while Brent babysits one of the ladies sons! (our friend lost her husband to cancer in 2005 and now has a little 5 year old son who is so hyper and so so sweet. We try to help her out when we can! Good practice, but mostly just good times hanging out with them). Then this weekend, we get to house sit/babysit some good friends kids for the weekend. We can't wait! (I laugh at the babysitting because the kids are 6th grade through 10th grade) They have a pool in their neighborhood, something we don't have! So I am sure we will spend a lot of time swimming!! YEAH!!

Well here is this week's survey! Hope they are not getting boring yet! It's been fun to keep up this way and let everyone know the new stuff each week!

1. How far along? 15 weeks 5 days

2. Maternity clothes - Hoping my stuff comes today! For now I am living in my stretchy shorts and big shirts! (I got a great deal on ebay two weeks ago from a lady in Washington State! A ton of clothes for about 20.00!!)

3. Stretch marks - Still nothing new! Still using the miracle lotion! Does that stuff really work, or am I just believing it does and and therefore don't notice the little marks on my body!

4. Sleep - What is this??

5. Best moment this week - still loving the baby picture

6. Worst moment - Gagging all day long! I am convinced this is now my new normal! It is so lady like! Also, Saturday, Sunday and a little today we had a little bit of set back with morning sickness stuff. I think heat and sleep and stress had a little to do with this!

7. Movement - It's possible! I don't want to say yes for sure, because I am so unsure!

8. Food Cravings - Oranges! I can't get enough of them. I will say Brent's craving this weekend was cupcakes. Brent is not a sweet person, and I will not embarass him telling the world how many of the cupcakes he enjoyed over the weekend!!

9. Gender - Still not going to find out! Brent still says a baby boy! I have to remind him to call the baby: boy or girl. We do have names now. If it's a boy he is officially Christopher (which means Christ -Bearer, which is also Brent's first name) Carter Spears. We will call him Carter. If it's a girl, she will be Parker Grace Spears! I love both names so much! At this point I don't care what we have. Which is a change. I wanted a boy for so long because we couldn't settle on a name for a girl. Now it doesn't matter to me!

10. Wedding rings on or off - Still on during the day and off at night.

11. Weekly wisdom - Don't compare my experience with anyone else. Every women is different.

12. Milestones? - We have our summer/fall planning schedule all laid out. We have picked out the baby's room paint color and have the date for some guys to come over and paint the room. They will also move furniture around and set the room up the way we need it! After the month of July we will at least have a nursery ready!

4 comments:

Katie B said...

Doing a baby room is so fun. I used to go just sit in Bianca's room and wonder about what she (or he, cause at the time we didn't know) would look like, what she would be like, etc... I spent so much time in that room the last few months just praying and dreaming. Have fun!

Adaryll Jordan said...

Brent is not a sweet person? :) Yes he is!!!

Adaryll Jordan said...

Oops- I am signed in as Adaryll and left a comment. That was from Jen.

Richard and Nancy Schunke said...

Congrats on your coming little one. You are truly truly blessed...