Friday, June 06, 2008

My husband

Many of you may already know this about my sweet Brent, but for those of you do not know him the way I do, he is, well, anal about being clean {Mr. Monk for sure}. He can't stand the fact that streets have oil stains in them. He can't stand trash, filth, dirty kitchens, dirty houses, or clutter! Dr. Cox our pastor has been challenging us to get out in our neighborhoods and share Christ with our neighbors! My husband accomplished both of his goals this evening. Several weeks ago he invited all of the kids in our neighborhood to come to a "clean up night/gather sticks for our winter fires (he's such a good dad already thinking of keeping the baby warm). Right on the dot at 6:00 pm tonight we had 11 kids show up in our front yard ready to clean. They divided into two teams, named their teams and then tried to see who could clean the most the quickest. The winning team (wink wink) got pizza, drinks, and ice pops for dinner. The kids had a blast. After dinner the kids went into the back yard and gathered a ton of sticks for us. We are set for winter and we have a much cleaner neighborhood, free of trash and litter!

This week is also VBS at our church. After three years of living here and asking the kids each year to come to church with us, we have two families that have agreed to come!! PRAISE THE LORD!! Join us in praying for these kids and their salvation. Brent will be teaching special needs VBS, as he does each year and I will be helping in a 4th grade class. We are excited to share more experiences from this week. We will have lots of fun videos to share! Especially from Brent's class.
Gathering the Troops

Determining a winner

Brent asking the kids to go wash their hands for dinner

Two pizzas and two Caprisun's later (well it was three pizza's - Brent, the Baby and I had one as well)

Our back yard and the kids getting sticks!

2 comments:

The Partin's said...

My my you have been a very busy blogger:) I never learned how to sleep with my pillow so don't feel bad, I always slept on my stomach until I got pregnant and then I would always wind up on my back and still do to this day. Can you send the kids up to cut my grass and help clean up my house so it will sell soon?:) I hope you can stay strong and not find out the sex of the baby but it is ok if you don't...my guess is boy. Have a good weekend!

Jenibug7 said...

That is SOOOO Brent!!!