Monday, June 16, 2008

First Pictures

We had our first official appointment today. We, I guess since it is us, can't do anything that does not involve some kind of change or drama! We had our sonogram and we noticed while we were there that they had us down for the wrong midwife! So the tech was awesome and asked if we could do the rest of the appointment another day since I was already a little anxious. The lady I had scheduled the appointment with was who I had researched and was recommended to see by others I had talked to. The tech felt like either Jonne (which is who had asked for) or Kim would be the best. After a few minutes of my anxious questioning the tech said let me see if Kim is available. Kim wasn't but she will be on Wednesday. What a stress free blessing that was! (I am telling you friends out there I hate doctors visits and make things so much worse than they are before hand! It was great to have a time that was not stressful and almost get a treat and mini tour today.) So we did get two pictures of the baby. We were amazed at how much this baby moves. It was jumping on the sonogram and kicking and moving it's little hands like crazy! At one point, the tech, was pointing out to Brent the babie's nose and at the exact moment, the baby covered it's nose! It was so funny. We were able to see the heartbeat, the spine, the two feet, the two legs, the arms, the fingers and the mouth. It was amazing! What blessing from the Lord! This makes it all the more real for sure. I had wanted to wait until today to do the survey for the week, so I would make sure there was no more additional news on this little one! (like that it was two or three little ones!) We are happy to report, just one baby this time around! PRAISE GOD FOR SMALL BLESSINGS!!



1. How far along? 14 weeks 5 days



2. Total weight gain - I am thinking that I am going to leave this part off because it's too depressing to talk about!!!



3. Maternity clothes - I wore a maternity shirt today and last night. I don't have to wear them all the time, but they sure do fit better than my clothes.



4. Stretch marks - Nothing new! Still the same little one I had last week. I have been putting on major loation though.



5. Sleep - Still not doing well with this yet. I am doing a little better with my pillow, but still waking up a lot at night.



6. Best moment this week - seeing a picture of the baby



7. Worst moment - Gagging all day long! Will this every end?



8. Movement - None yet ( it is funny that I thought I was starting to feel the baby in my stomach, and the tech was checking the baby a lot lower today.) So although there is no constant movement, I had felt something in the area were the legs are for sure!


9. Food Cravings - Still orange fanta and lots of fresh fruit


10. Gender - Still not going to find out! The tech let Brent call the baby a boy, but she said that even if we wanted to know, our baby is not one that was cooperating!


11. Wedding rings on or off - On except at night when I often sweat and need them off.


12. Weekly wisdom - Stay stress free, cool and do what I can now!


13. Milestones? - Of course the pictures and the appointments this week. It's a relief to know that all is perfect!


4 comments:

Fran said...

WOW, I cried when I saw the pictures of my first grandchild.

Nana Fran

Jenibug7 said...

I am so happy to get to see a real life picture! :)
I still think it looks like "he" (or she!) is wearing shades! Maybe it is in there singing "I wear my sunglasses at night..."

Todd and Rebecca said...

Very cool! My favorite part of the first ultrasound is seeing the spine and all its details. Wow. Good stuff.

abrooks said...

Oh what a precious time. Seeing your baby for the first time has got to be one of the most special and one of the most awe inspiring times in our lives. Whether the baby is just a few weeks old and still inside you (as is your baby) or just a few hours old and here in this world (as Karis was), God has a special way of bonding you to that baby even more than you thought you possibly could be through the sense of sight. We are so happy for y'all. We are praying for all three of you!!! Love you!