Saturday, July 05, 2008

Week 17: DID IT!!

I did it! I had my first official appointment with our midwife this week. Brent and I both love her. She is type of person that shoots straight with you, but at the same time makes you feel so at ease. She also made me feel like I have nothing to worry about. I felt more at ease since Monday night than I have in 17 weeks. I still want to have the baby asap, but am so much more confident in this process. Thank the Lord for great midwives! So here is our next survey!

1. How far along? 17 weeks 2 days

2. Maternity clothes - Still not all the time, but maternity stuff is more comfortable for sure.

3. Stretch marks - Still nothing new!

4. Sleep - This has not gotten any better. In fact, I would say it has gotten worse.

5. Best moment this week - meeting Johnnie (our midwife)

6. Worst moment - Gagging all day and now all night long! This is part of my lack of sleep issue for sure. So bad that I have started throwing up again. (nothing like the first 12 weeks at all, but still discouraging.)

7. Movement - I think so! Tonight during the fireworks for sure was a yes.

8. Food Cravings - English muffins with peanut butter on them. YUM

9. Gender - Still not going to find out! Sorry guys this is not going to change.

10. Wedding rings on or off - Still on during the day and off at night.

11. Weekly wisdom - Nothing new this week.

12. Milestones? - We mapped out the babies room this week. I am sure I will change my mind 20 more times on the arrangement!!

3 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

YEAH!! But, I have to admit, when I read "We did it!" I thought I was going to see Brent doing the souljaboy dance...

The Barts said...

Your cravings are too funny to me. It's a wild pregnancy, huh? Hang in there..it has to get better at some point..it just has to! I'm glad you liked the midwife..that's a great comfort!

Mary Lindsey said...

you have my exact pregnancy symptoms... the end is near!!!! :-) And You are having a girl :-) well, that's my thoughts at least. Love you!