Saturday, July 05, 2008

Another Spears Evening!!

I surprised Brent tonight by taking him to see the Braves play the Houston Astros. (I told him a week or so ago that this is what we were going to do! He has been so excited since then!) Brent grew up watching the Astros. In fact tonight he pointed out (with a very boyish type of excitement) that the first base coach was one of his favorite players when he was younger! It was so cute. Anyway, we had an awesome night. In fact we had an awesome day. We went to a great BBQ at a friends house and had A LOT of awesome food and fellowship. But of course it wouldn't be a Spears' evening without drama. Let me say: BRAVES STADIUM PARKING!!! YIKES. We had a great plan to leave and get to the game by 7 so we could park and see the first pitch. We got downtown and found out that all of the parking was taken and the only parking left was going to cost $30.00!!! SERIOUSLY!!! Our tickets together were not even that much!! So we started to search around for cheaper spots, even though we had been told there would be nothing less than $20.00!! Well we did find a great spot. The lady (which Brent kept calling her a him) said she would cut us a deal and let us park in this "parking lot" in between two houses for $15.00. When we gave her/him a look like no thanks, she said, "but for you, I will take $10.00! Excellent! So we pulled in. I was worried about it right away. I asked Brent to pray for our safety as well as our cars safety. I was just about convinced that it would be okay, but decided to ask Brent to ask another parking attendant if it was okay to park where we did! The guy sent Brent to talk to a cop saying that we would park at our own risk!! (CAN I JUST SAY I TOLD YOU SO!!!) The cop and Brent approached the "car parkers" who have now moved to another corner of the street and are acting as if they has never seen us before. The cop told the lady to give us our money back. The lady said "come on man I got bills to pay and all I have on me is 26.00!" I told Brent later, what bills does she have that she only needs $26.00?? Plus what happened to the rest of the money she just collected from the other 8 cars she just parked??? We got our money back and found a local church that was also doing parking, the right way! All in all it was an excellent evening. Well, except that the Braves beat the Astros!! But the fireworks were awesome and we had such a great time!

No comments: