Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Famous Family

Okay so not quite famous! But, several months back my family (meaning my Mom, Dad and sister,had the chance to go to Poolesville MD to be a part of the TV show Extreme Home Makeover. My family lives just outside of Poolesville in Maryland. I wish I would have had an opportunity to post or send out an email to watch the show tonight, but my mom had just mentioned the show would be on to me last night, and to be honest, I had so much to do last night and today that I forgot until we were leaving church this evening that the show was even on. We came home from church in time to see the second half of the show. Brent and I don't have any of the high tech TIVO stuff, so we didn't get to tape the show. We did make it in time to see Kara on the show twice. She also shared with us tonight that she is on the website of the home builder. The website is http://www.classicextreme.net/photos_day6.htm Kara is in image 6 of 41 on day 6. For those of you who do not know her, in the photo you are getting a side view of Kara. She is on the far right side, right in front of the tall gentleman that has reddish hair. You really are seeing Kara's left ear and the fact that she is smiling. What neat once in a lifetime experience they got to have.

2 comments:

The Partin's said...

I wish I had known, we watched it. They were here in Raleigh almost 2 yrs ago and we have several friends that worked on the house and went down throughout the week, very cool, although we did get to hear some of the behind scene stuff about the attitude of a certain personality.

I keep watching CNN to see if I will see you sitting in a gas line ;)

Tay's Mom said...

this is not related to this post at all, but it's the only way i could find to contact you! just wanted to say thank you for your comment. i, too, am constantly amazed at how many people have experienced recent loss of a baby. in the beginning, i felt SO alone. and then, i found Him, and so many others that share a similar story. my walk with God has just begun and i have been thrilled and nourished and relieved and grateful with every continued step. thank you for sharing your story. and congratulations on your strength -- its people like you and casey that get me through the rough days!