Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bad News - by Jenna

This has been a really really tough week. I have waited as long as I could to post, but I am beginning to realize that I need all of the prayer I can get at this point. This past March I started working full time for a Christian Foster Care Agency as their Director of Intake. The job has been hard, the hours long, the work overwhelming, but... I have loved doing it! It was definatly something I saw myself doing until we started a family. I loved working for the agency because of what they stood for and how each week at our staff meeting we always started with prayer and a devotion. I would pray with my foster parents and really watch the Lord work through the good and hard times in these families lives. I have know that are agency and really the state of GA has been struggling with foster care. The state of GA is having to cut the amount of money we pay our foster parents as well as cut the amount that we bring in to run our agency. Because of this, our agency is no longer able to stay open. As of July 1, we are told that we will be sold to another agency. So this is the tough part. A new agency has not offical bought our agency yet. Also, we have been told that the new agency will not have an obligation to hire us as current staff members. I know in my mind that the Lord is good and in control, but emotionally I am such a mess. We are trusting the Lord that He will take care of us. I know He will. I am tempted to say but... I am sad, hurt, nervous, anxious.. but again He gave me this job! He will provide!! Please pray for us as we are going through this time. We look forward to sharing the miracle the Lord performs in our lives! Pray that I will stay calm and sleep at night! My current boss did a bible study with us recently from Beth Moore and challenged us to put up our "sheilds in time of worry and stress." Your shield is your hand. We say these five things to repesent each finger saying:
God is who He says He is
God will do what He says He will do
I am who God says I am
I can do all things through Christ who give me strength
God's word is alive and active in me!!!

I am claiming this right now and trusting the Lord in all things!

2 comments:

The Barts said...

Jenna, I completely understand! I was laid off from Methodist Home for the same reasons. So..I can attest to God's providence and provision. He will surprise you with something new, possibly something you can't even anticipate. I can't wait to hear what happens. I will continue praying..it's the children and foster parents who will suffer more in the long run. jen

abrooks said...

Hey-

Believing God is my favorite Beth Moore study. I don't use that sheild of faith as much as I should, but it is a great way to remember who God is and who we are through Him. Page and I are praying for you and have been praying. We don't know what God has in store, but it is always something more that we can ever hope for or imagine. As a very wise prof once asked us, "How big is your God?"