Saturday, September 05, 2009

Labor Day already?

I can't believe it is Labor Day already. Last year Brent and I attempted a small vacation to AL. It was really a quick get away and actually we had to run away from a hurricane! This year, we spent time planning and are headed to a "real planned out" vacation to the beach! We can't wait. The car is packed already and we are trying to tie up last seconds duties so we can pull out as soon as church ends tomorrow. (We are studying the end times in church and it is so good, we really wanted to stick around. Also, Brent has pastoral prayer team tomorrow, and needs to stay to pray... especially since we are studying the end times!!)



In the last few weeks, the Lord has been showing Brent and I both so much in our lives. I have had a tough few weeks at work, that I know is spiritual warfare. I have had my armor, sword, guns, knives and any other weapon I can find on hand!! I realize that Satan is really trying to work on me and get me to feel defeated. But how can I when I serve such a BIG GOD??? Planning the vacation for a week at the beach has been tough. On top of that the idea that we should be bringing our sweet little boy with us to see the beach for the first time is painful. At the same time, God continues to give me a peace more than ever that in His timing, we will have more children. I can hardly wait to share with you all the amazing things He has been showing us and revealing to us in the last few weeks. We recently had a great sermon on Discouragement and how we all live with it from time to time. Discouragement can be a Joy killer!! It was out of Hebrews 12:1-3. Something Dr. Cox shared has stayed in my heart since then. He said that "God did not save us in order for us to lives in a state of discouragement." The more I think about that, the more it makes sense. If I truly believe Jer. 29:11, then how can I live a life of discouragement. I can't!!! He has a plan and it is good, so good!!

Off to the beach and I can't wait to share with you all our pictures. Pray for us as we enjoy our time as a family and our time with the Lord. I look forward to hearing from Him this week for sure!

No comments: