Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day without Carter

So I almost felt like it wasn’t Mother’s day for me. Although, of course it was special to be able to honor both Brent’s mom and my mom. To be able to reflect on all they have done for us made it a special day. Lately I have been concerned that the tears don’t flow as often and as much for me anymore. But my concern was taken away this morning during the service. I cried from the beginning to the end. It was a lot harder than I expected. But… as always, my sweet husband made my day incredible. I had been in need of a new computer, so he took me to buy a new computer and printer yesterday. Then this morning, he had flowers and a card on the table waiting for me. The most special thing was a beautiful bracelet with Carter’s name and birthstone on it. It was all I could to not look at it during church this morning. Then he took me to lunch at my favorite lunch spot! It was an awesome, yet very emotional day. Praying that next year we will have more to celebrate. I trust that the Lord will bless us this year with that news!!!

Even after the flowers, computer, printer, dinner, and lunch... This is my favorite and most treasured gift I got for Mother's Day. I look forward to adding others names to this representing other babies.

3 comments:

Tay's Mom said...

what a beautiful bracelet, and a beautiful husband :) happy mother's day to you, my sweet friend.

The Partin's said...

I love the bracelet and can't wait to see LOTS of names added to it!! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

By the way, what is your fave lunch spot? Us out of towners need to hear about local spots to go when we visit :)

Jody said...

That is so pretty! I'm going to show it to Kris, maybe I'll get one with Grant's name on it! =) Love it!

I thought of you a lot on Mom's day. Glad Brent made it so special for you. You deserve it, friend!!

xoxo