Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Our Spring Break

Spring Break to those of us who do not have kids school aged does not mean a whole lot at all. But this week, it has felt a lot like "spring break." Brent has this Friday off for Good Friday and we are looking forward to doing something as a "family" that is fun. This past week has been crazy. Last Saturday, we had a baseball game at church. It was so hot that I fried!! It was our big shopping day for the month (which I must bag on myself... I saved a total of 150.00 this month so far on food. We shop for the month and normally I have almost spent my budget at the beginning of the month. Thank you Lord for coupons. I bought frozen steamfresh veggies for $.19, buy on get one free dressings, Buy one get one free Ragu sauce for $.50 a piece and so on!) All that to say, I wasn't thinking about how long I would be sitting in the sun. Now I have the "mother/wife" sunburn "V" on my neck. There were several other "mom's/wives" on Sunday with the same thing.

The highlight of our weekend was Saturday night for sure. Brent and I had invited our little friend Cody to come stay the night with us. He normally gets homesick after a little while staying with us, so we didn't know what to expect. It was a blast. We watched Brent's baseball game, which Cody's friends were on the team, we went shopping, grilled hamburgers and saw the movie at the theatre "Bolt." We had so much fun. I took a picture of Cody, Brent and Wrigley at bedtime reading a bedtime story. There is also a picture of Wrigley sleeping with Cody. I worried that Cody would get up in the middle of the night and want to come in with us, but he didn't! It was so sweet and we all had a great time.

When I saw the picture of the three of them, I couldn't help but be a little teary and feel such a peace at the same time. It was almost a picture of grace and hope for the future. Almost like the Lord was showing me a glimpse of our future! I am not saying that this is certain, although I do believe in my heart that WE WILL have children one day. It just brought me hope and joy to see them. Brent was reading a book and Cody was asking him all kinds of question about Jesus. It was so touching to hear my husband sharing the gospel with this sweet little boy. It was nice that his mom had an evening alone as well. I know she enjoyed the break and time to have alone time that mom's need when they are parenting alone.


Thank you Lord for pictures of your grace and your love in the little things in life.

By the way, as I sit here looking out my window in Atlanta, GA... looking at my very sunburned arms... it is SNOWING!!! We are supposed to be getting back in the 70's on Thursday, but for today, SNOW!!! God and His sense of humor!



3 comments:

Tay's Mom said...

Oh my GOODNESS, those are the sweetest pictures ever. EVER. I love how much you love children, and you can see that they love you just as much in return. It's such a beautiful sight to see. Shew. Cody really has a special thing with you two. I know, in my heart, that this IS a picture of your future. He WILL provide! Love you, girl! You guys are amazing :)

Jenibug7 said...

i love the wrigs slept with him. does he have a dog at home? maybe that's what he needs! lol

The Barts said...

Those pictures are just too sweet and yes, I know that God will fulfill your desire to have children in some way..hopefully soon! :) Brent looks too sweet reading..yes, it does come naturally for you guys..I love it! :)