Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sick Sick Sick

I have to share and hope not to offend any of my friends out there, but I am tired of women telling me they were never sick a day of their pregnancy! So many people have said, "I just can't imagine what that would be like." Well, I will spare you the details, and realize that in comparison to some friends of mine who had to get a pic line, that I have nothing to complain about, but morning sickness has been for the birds! When people tell me they never had this and make you feel like your crazy that you are sick, I sort of want to kindly poke their eyes out!!! (just kidding people, just kidding... well okay maybe just a few times I have felt that way but hey hormones right???) I have not wanted to sit down and blog about any of this, because really, when I feel good, I want to get things done or sleep or something else lazy like that.

We are getting more and more used to the idea of a baby. Although, there are still days that (me hating change) we think that life will never be just Brent and I any more! Then we think, but we don't want it any other way! Brent is so cute. He is reading all kinds of books and doing everything a first time father should be doing. He gets up early early each morning to make me a p and j sandwich in hope that if I eat something as soon as I open my eyes, I will not stay sick all day. He has cleaned the house and kitchen so many times and does not allow me to do anything around the house! He is fabulous! Not that I didn't already know that, that's why I married that man!! He is the best. He really will be the greatest father in the world too. I look forward to those days for sure. Everyone is telling me to just sit back and enjoy everything. Those must be the women that don't get sick for the first 12 weeks. The other funny thing has been all of the people who have guesses on what we will have. Everyone has their theory. Because I am so sick we have heard it is a girl or twins! I had one lady during a counseling session this week say it is a boy for sure because I have a younger sister! (what???) I had another lady tell me it's a boy because her ring made a circle near my hand!! (see why I am doing counseling with that one!! CRAZY LADY FOR SURE!!!) I heard that it is a girl because at night I have had cravings for sweets! (hate to tell them that pregnant or not, that has been going on forever!!)

I will try to be better about blogging of all you faithful fans! We are both still taking in all of the changes and feelings of being overwhelmed! Hang in there with us!

4 comments:

Katie B said...

Sick as a dog with my twins!!! and it lasted 15 weeks. The best thing I found for me was eating ginger snaps before I got out of bed...oh and the anti-nausea medication the doctor prescribed.
You will be fine-just take it one day at a time. What do you think you are having?

The Barts said...

Yea...I did not actually puke, but I felt tired, bloated, gassy and had headaches for the first 18 weeks. So, sorry I can't offer much encouragement like..."I've never felt so good in all my life as I did when I was pregnant!" Those are rare birds, I think! All I can say is, the reward is truly amazing and so worth every bit of sickness and pain! :)

Mary Lindsey said...

absolutely the end result is worth it! I love you and your honesty! I truly wanted to poke people's eyes out too! I remember my aunt always telling me that she loved loved loved being pregnant and how good sleep and food was to her... well both were yucky for me. Just so you know, food tastes AMAZING now, and I am way more hungry now that I ever was when I was preggers! Hang it there, Jenna! Also, you are a going to be a great mom! I know it seems a little overwhelming to think it will never be you and Brent again. All I have to say is I was sick as a dog - I have a girl, and my aunt who LOVED all of her pregnancies... had 3 boys! My guess... a girl! Are you going to find out before hand with an ultrasound? Okay, I'm writing a book on here.. can you tell I haven't had much adult conversation today? That is one thing that is funny... I don't mind not talking to adults, but when Chris gets home or if somebody calls, I just spew words its kind of funny... Okay, shutting up now and going to the grocery store! Love you!

Julee said...

hey girl, found your blog through your Facebook. Well, misery loves company, right? I was sick 24/7 (why do they call it "morning sickness" anyway? It's all durn day and night!!) with both Reid and MM until I hit 14 weeks...that seemed to be the magic number. And when I had my miscarriage in 2005 at 13 weeks, I was never nauseated at all, not one time. So, I take this as a sign that the baby is growing as it should and your HcG numbers are climbing like they are supposed to and that can be comforting in the midst of all the vomitting sessions! Hang in there, I am sure it will go away as you get further along and you will be able to enjoy your pregnancy. I had a friend who swore by those preggie pops they sell at Motherhood Maternity....she would buy all they had every time b/c she was afraid they'd run out! Also, Sonic cherry limeade and lemon berry slushes helped me a lot. Meat/coffee/popcorn/dog smells sent me straight to the potty EVERY time. You can also get your Dr. to prescribe Zofran...the cadillac of anti-nausea medications although it is very expensive....I think 20 bucks a pill (my insurance only covered 20 pills a month but it didn't help me much) but if it helps you, then it will be worth it!! I hope you get to feeling better soon! Sorry for the marathon post....