Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What a difference a year makes

Some of the guys Brent works with, at a retreat center in GA.
(Notice our friend Luke, the guy in blue. He's not standing on anything,
he is that tall!! Former NBA player, now chaplain)


I have been trying to come up with something new and exciting to blog about, but can't seem to find anything fun. It has been yet another busy season for the Spears family. Brent and I both were sick for several weeks, fighting sinus infections, colds, coughs, the "just want to stay in bed and die" feeling you have when your sick in the winter stuff. We both have FINALLY come out of that. Jenna got the opportunity to go to Austin Texas to visit friends and Brent's half sister. It was a great week. As I look back and reflect, much of the time I remember was spent eating Mexican food, shopping and just exploring a little bit. A few days after I came back, Brent left for his twice of year trip to Simpsonwood. It is a beautiful retreat center near our house that Brent and some of the guys he works get to go yearly. They always have a blast. The only picture I have posted is of them on their retreat. Besides that, we of course have been playing basketball (we just started the tournment and we lost the 1st game and play one more time on Saturday, unless we win!) On Saturday we also begin baseball. (is anyone else out of breathe from all of the practices and games we have been to since Football back in August?) Brent is stepping out and coaching a different age group this year. Last year we worked with 3rd and 4th grade boys, and although Brent was "head coach" it was by title only. We were able to work with two great coaches that season. Now he will coach 5 year old boys. Because of a basketball game on Saturday that Brent had to attend and coach, I went to the "tryouts" for the 5 year olds. Let's just say attention spans will be our primary enemy this season. Several of the kids made it to second base and then thought the butterflies and bugs were cooler than catching the ball. They were all too cute. It will be a great time.


It's hard for me to believe, as I look back on when we started this blog, that around this time last year I was beginning my adventure at the Bair Foundation. Now, I am counseling in a private practice. Last year, I went from being so stretched on time and energy from working insane hours, to trying my best to come up with ways to introduce our practice to other people around town. But through it all, God provides. He gives us the time and strength to get it all done, and for His glory! Just amazing what a year makes.

No comments: