Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What would you do?


Brent and I had this "discussion" last night about a situation that happened to me yesterday. So, in order to help us out, we would like all of you (blog stalkers and blog followers alike) to give us a hand by responding to tell us what you would do!


I went to the Verizon Store to have a new phone activated. The nice lady (yet slightly intimidating) was helping me remove the back off of the phone. She had to go into the back room in order to get additional assistance. When she returned (15 minutes later...) she returned to her seat behind the counter. I couldn't help to notice the change that had occurred while she was gone. When she returned her black dress pants now had a very LARGE tear in the frontal area!!! I can share with you that she was wearing orange undergarments, if you get my drift! I didn't know what to do. I thought about the options: of writing her a note, telling her outright, praying that a co-worker would have more guts than I did or ignorning the situation. What made it more challenging, was there were several men standing behind her that appeared to be from "corporate" and watching her, etc. I said nothing to her.
Brent believes that it was my human duty to tell her about her dilemma!!Brent said that he was in that position while working at a bank during seminary. A customer had his "fly open" and Brent took the writing a note approach and received a very welcoming response from the gentleman...something about "man code".
For the record, this situation happened to me TWICE, where I was the victim. I had a skirt that torn down the back once in a resturant, where no one told me what happened. I returned the skirt, since it was brand new, and less than a year after the first event, it happened again after leaving Sunday School one Sunday. Again, no one shared with me what had happened. I would have liked to think that maybe no one noticed!!! (My husband did tell me both times once we got in the car to go home.)

SO, WHAT WOULD YOU DO??? Leave us your comments.

9 comments:

Lori G said...

You have tell them. Seriously, would you want your orange undergarments shown to the world and open for discussion on a blog?

Todd and Rebecca said...

I agree with Lori. You have to tell them. However you feel comfortable - writing a note, whatever...You have to tell them!

Jenibug7 said...

In THEORY, yes, you should tell them. Would I have done so in such a situation with an intimidating woman? Not quite sure. I am going to post a link when I find it regarding such things...

Katie B said...

I like to think I would have tried to say something sweet in an effort to expose the situation, but in reality would have just pretended not to notice :)

Jenibug7 said...

Go to http://www.hcbc.com/templates/System/details.asp?id=28485&PID=387098

Click on 9/11/08 Introduction session video. Fast forward to 35:35 on the time at the bottom of the video for an explanation of Girl Code. :)

buffalojeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
buffalojeff said...

You should whisper and point, I think you might have a problem.

One busy morning I forgot that my son had been playing with my hair and putting mini clips in my bangs. I went to church with several of them randomly in my bangs. Nobody said anything, not even my husband.

I didn't even realize it until after we came home and I caught my reflection in a mirror. I said, "Why didn't you tell me?" My husband said, "I thought that is how you wanted it."

Who would want that look?

Jenibug7 said...

Adaryll says
"Too easy."

The Barts said...

I'd have to tell her because I know she'd notice me continuously trying not to look at her midsection. It seems like things like that are very uncomfortable for the people that are forced to look at it and don't want to see it!