Saturday, January 12, 2008

Game Day

Well today's game did not go as well as last week. Ours kids put in a good effort, but we could not keep up with the two giants on the other team! We stayed encouraged and fought a good fight and will come out and try again next week.

Brent and I both are experiencing a great deal of "business" lately and there is more to come. It's amazing to me that just in the time when I think we don't have one more second to spare in a day, the Lord calls us to start something new to draw us to himself. We started going a bible study on every other Friday night. Last night was the first time, and it was such a sweet time to sit around, eating, fellowshipping and studying with friends. On a more intimate level, the ministry Brent's serves with, has started a forty day bible study called "40 days with the Master." Again, I thought at first, (just being real) something else to add to my life. But in reality, it is exactly what I am needing to make it through our lives right now. The Lord is allowing Brent and I both to be involved in a lot of ministry opportunities. New families and people are calling me each day asking to come to see me in my new counseling practice. Brent is teaching helping with a new class at church on Wednesday nights. All of this is on top of many others things that we have been doing already. It's funny to me when I look at my calender and see how much we have to do, it reminds me how much more I need HIM. What a relief it is when I take daily time with the Father, my calender looks less impossible and more exciting. (don't get me wrong, this is my heartbeat, but on the other hand, I am praying for a day that Brent and I can sleep in and do nothing!! That is one of the very slim and few blessings that comes from not having kids yet! Although, our dog still needs to go out early each morning! Oh well! I can't have it all)

No comments: